Valentine’s day is just around the corner.
Guys, this should be the easiest time of the year to please your girl. Girls, you just may need to help out a brother (if he still hasn’t learned how to take advantage of this day). Guys, just plan something special, and go out and have some fun. Be creative, like when you were dating.
If you don’t like going out where there are tons of people, pick a different day to celebrate your love (but do something). In the meantime, make sure to express how much you appreciate each other.
By the way, if you are not into texting, make a phone call (leave a good message, if no answer) or make your own personalized Valentine’s day card and give it to your spouse along with his or her favorite treat.
Here are the top 10 text messages to send to your spouse this Valentine’s.
1. Everyone says you only fall in love once, but that’s not true because every time I see you, I fall in love all over again. Happy Valentines Day!
2. I promise to always be by your side, or under you, or on top! Happy Valentine’s Day!
3. I never thought that I’d find someone that makes me feel the way you do. You are the love of my life. Happy Valentines!
4. Ain’t no woman like the one I got. I’m blessed to have you, I hit the jackpot! Happy Valentine’s Day.
5. You’ve always been my sunshine on a cloudy day baby! Happy Valentine’s Day.
6. My love for you is indescribable. I can’t wait to see you this evening.
7. Happy Valentine’s Day Honey! I love you and I am proud to be your wife.
8. Instead of making a reservation, I ordered your favorite meal to eat at home. See you in a little bit. Happy Valentine’s Day.
9. Love you, babe! When you’re are out of my sight, you are always on my mind. Happy Valentines.
10. My healthcare plan does not cover a broken heart. So please don’t ever leave me. Happy Valentine’s day!
And here’s two more, for free:
11. Roses are red, violets are blue, and a night out with my guy is long overdue.
12. As your valentine, I wanted you to know that you don’t have to get me anything. However, if you insist, bring home candy hearts, chocolate, ice cream, roses, and presents. Happy Valentines Day!
Two 2-part Text messages:
Part 1. I’m calling the cops on you.
Part 2. After you get a response: I think you stole my heart. Happy Valentines!
Part 1. I had the most incredible dream about you last night.
Part 2. After you get a reply: Share the details of your dream. If you didn’t have a dream, make one up.
Finally, for those who you need to remind that it’s Valentine’s Day.
1. Just thinking about you this morning, happy valentine’s day!
2. Hey Valentine, how’s your day going?
3. It’s 2:14 what’s your valentine’s wish? I know what mine is.
4. Will you be my valentine?
Okay folks, now that you know what to do, and how to do it. Go and make it happen. And remember, Valentine’s day should not be the only day of the year you do something fun and special for your lover.
What text messages are you planning to send? Or what has been the most romantic text message you’ve sent? Comment below.
Thanks for visiting the Nick Gonzalez Marriage Matters Blog. Nick and his wife, Marisol, have been married for 30 years. They live in Southern California and have four young adult children. Together, they encourage and inspire couples to build and strengthen their marriage and family. Follow Nick on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Enroll in the video course, “3 Habits of Highly Meaningful Relationships” taught by Nick Gonzalez. It’s the Blueprint to a Thriving Marriage. The course is perfect for couples desiring to enrich their marriage.